To give credit where credit is due...I used this website for the cake. I love, love, love making fun cakes for the kids. It always makes me think of my grandmother that made all of my birthday cakes. It was her "job" at home, and we grew up watching her make all kinds--birthday, graduation, wedding and many more. My cousins and I were always called down for running around the dining room table if a cake was on it waiting to be picked up or for eating the colorful icing she had mixed up for the cakes or for playing with all of her fancy decorating tools. So many fun childhood memories of my precious "Granny" flood my mind when I make cakes.
I'm most thankful though that she was also diligent and very intentional at teaching us scripture, making us memorize God's Word, the books of the Bible and many virtues and values that I still hold fast to and know today because of the work she made us do (like memorize books of the Bible and chapters of Psalms). She also made me keep up with m's and study about them, pray for them, and learn about the world, especially through GA's and Acteens (programs at my church). She is my spiritual heritage.
Okay, back to the shark party...
So, here I was during rest time decorating the cake while listening to music. It was fun down time while doing something for my kids. Meanwhile...Gray was running errands with Sarala to pick up some last things for the party.
So, here I was during rest time decorating the cake while listening to music. It was fun down time while doing something for my kids. Meanwhile...Gray was running errands with Sarala to pick up some last things for the party. Gray is the artist of the family, so he made the pin the fin on the shark poster!





2 comments:
Seriously, you're already that skinny after just having a baby?! :)
That cake really is awesome. Your kids will love the memories.
AND...I recognized more stuff. :) I love seeing it all - it brings back memories.
I LOVE the cake! I also Love Jackson's birthday outfit. I need to start thinking about Luke's 2ns birthday so it doesn't require too much thought after the baby is born. Great pictures, Brandy! I need to get on updating my blog with some new ones of our new city.
Post a Comment