Sunday, December 16, 2007

Advent

Lauren and Andy gave me this Advent calendar last year for Christmas. It was so fun to pull it out this year and use. One might start to think it was really Sarala's gift, but it truly is a gift to me every morning to watch my babies learn and tell the Advent story or our Lord and Savior. Jackson even says the dog part and calls the other animals dogs. I pray that it really becomes dearer and dearer to them (and us) each year we pull it out.







We also read it more than one time a day--usually again at lunch or dinner. Today Sarala asked Gray to read it to her before naptime. Then, before dinner she read it to Gray a few times herself. Her version was quite impressive with a creative twist. She said, "This is a story about a little town named Bethlehem. and....Some shepherds go there to get some hot dogs, ham and macaroni n cheese." (maybe we'll get her version on video soon.) Since we finished reading her bible story book again last night, she asked to read it for bedtime again tonight. I think by the time you come for New Year's, Lollie, she might have it memorized and can tell it to you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might have actually glued your Advent calendar together! I did that for Noel Piper as she is the one who coordinates the Advent calendars for Desiring God. I did that to make a little extra money our first year of marriage in Mpls.